What came first? The overhyped fans, or the overhyping developers?
This week on Frosty Canucks we have a special treat for you all. Jason and I discuss how we came to know one another (it’s not that special) talk about our New Year resolutions, and discuss who is at fault for overhyping games. We also spend a lot of time talking about Yakuza and spoil the shit out of parts of it so please be mindful of the timestamps if you don’t want to be spoiled.
There’s also a special shout-out to Later Level’s Gameblast 2021 fundraising. Please consider throwing them some cash so Kim and Pete can meet their 2021 fundraising goals.
As always you know where to find us if you want to tell us off, provide feedback, or ask questions to be featured in future episodes.
- 0:00:00 – Later Levels Gameblast 2021
- 0:02:46 – New Year’s Resolutions and Frosti and Jason’s Origin Story
- 0:23:47 – Overhype for Games and Whose to Blame
- Games we’ve been playing
- 0:42:14 – Yakuza: Like A Dragon
- 0:48:37 – Spoiler Warning – Discussing Story of the Yakuza Games (Flee AK)
- 0:51:19 – Yakuza: Like A Dragon (continued)
- 1:15:30 – Solo: Islands of the Heart
- 1:19:31 – Revisiting Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Flipping Death
- 1:22:54 – Stardew Valley 1.5 Update
- 1:25:15 – Fire Emblem Awakening
As always, thanks for listening.