Delays, Delays, Delays. Well…rather one delay.
This week on the Frosty Canucks we chat about yet another Cyberpunk 2077 delay, the October Nintendo Direct, Pokémon, and Jason’s ill-fated attempt to pre-order the PS5. Alongside that we had our first viewer questions (thank you Thomas and Mads) and ended up spending a fair amount of time discussing the future of Loot Boxes following the EU’s increasing scrutiny of the maligned monetization method and what we think the closing console generation will be remembered for.
Also, I have a meltdown when Jason brings up the new legendary Pokémon that are included as part of the Crown Tundra Sword & Shield DLC. I’ve heard the sound bite for that part of the podcast and think it is probably the highlight of the episode.
As with before, if you have something you’d like us to talk about please as it as a viewer question. With the relatively low number we received we made them their own segments. Posting it here, on Twitter, or directly to me over DM in discord works for asking said question.
- 0:00:00 – Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed (Again)
- 0:10:46 – The future of Loot Boxes
- 0:29:21 – Nintendo Direct & Cloud Ports
- 0:39:49 – PS5 Pre-Order Attempt
- 0:47:24 – What will the closing generation be remembered for?
- Games we’ve been playing (i.e. Pokémon Extravaganza)
- 0:56:02 – Pokémon Ultra Moon and Alpha Sapphire
- 0:59:40 – Pokémon Sword & Shield: The Crown Tundra DLC
- 1:10:33 – Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
- 1:14:50 – Slay the Spire
- 1:18:13 – Pokémon Sapphire and Leaf Green
As always, thanks for listening.