What would you attribute to Sony’s success over the last several years?
This week Jason and I cover the impact that third party exclusivity deals had on Sony’s success with the PlayStation 4. There’s a lot to unpack there so that takes the bulk of the episode before we transition over into the games we’ve been playing. Some of notable entries this week include Gorogoa which we both played, Resident Evil 7 which we played together, and Ni no Kuni II.
If you’d like to ask us a question or suggest a topic please reach out to us.
- 0:00:00 – Blizzard Lawsuit
- 0:03:30 – How Important Third Party Support was for PlayStation
- 0:25:52 – Steam Deck
- 0:40:24 – A Brief Meme Intermission
- Games We’ve Been Playing
- 0:42:28 – Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
- 0:51:01 – Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Spoilers)
- 1:01:40 – Resident Evil 5
- 1:10:07 – Sir Lovelot
- 1:14:49 – Pokémon White
- 1:26:13 – Enter the Gungeon
- 1:28:53 – Gorogoa (Spoilers)
Activision-Blizzard Lawsuit via Bloomberg – the article should be fine, but the court documents come with a content warning
Steam Deck via Steam
Dunkey’s Best of 2018 via Youtube
Ukraine PS4 Crypto story via notebookcheck
PUBG ripping off Hypnospace Outlaw via Twitter
Streamers using Artifact for Everything via GameRant
Playing an RPG for the first time via Youtube
As always, thanks for listening and stay frosty.