If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
This week on Frosty Canucks we take a dive into the recent EU ruling regarding Geo Blocking, which games shouldn’t have sequels, and we also talk about the pros and cons (mostly cons) of shaking up an established formula in a beloved franchise. Also I go on a tirade about Monster Hunter.
This week we don’t have a massive section of spoilerinos so you’ll be able to listen without having to skip a bunch of the podcast.
As always you know where to find us if you want to tell us off, provide feedback, or ask questions to be featured in future episodes.
- 0:00:00 – Geo blocking in the EU
- 0:11:30 – Games core experience changed too drastically
- 0:37:20 – Games that should not have sequels
- Games We’ve Been Playing
- 0:48:48 – Yakuza: Like A Dragon – Frosti needs to finish it for next episode
- 0:50:14 – Monster Hunter World and Monster Hunter Rise Demo
- 1:07:05 – Fire Emblem Awakening
- 1:16:11 – One Piece: World Seeker
- 1:27:49 – Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
- 1:32:16 – Dragon Quest Heroes II
As always, thanks for listening.
We’re about to try to play The New Yakuza Game from Xbox, do you think it’s a good game to make a walkthrough for it?
Probably yeah. There’s certainly a lot of stuff that could be covered in a walkthrough.
LikeLiked by 1 person